This event is co-sponsored by the GSPCI and the IBC. Currently scheduled for:
Saturday, Feb. 3
Sunday, Feb. 11
Saturday, Feb. 17
Sunday, Feb. 25
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Location: Proceed North of Eagle on Eagle Road. Eagle Road turns into Willow Creek Road. Go beyond the sub-divisions to E. Aerie Ln. Turn right on the frontage road just south of Aerie Ln and look for participants approximately ½ mile to the east.
Entry Cost: $6.00 Junior, $10.00 Senior/Master—Pigeons provided
Personal training pigeons cost: $6.00 ea. (Available only if not needed for events)
Lunch will be provided by the GSPCI and IBC clubs. Donations welcome- Cash or checks are acceptable.
Ribbons provided for qualifying scores. Use of dog training aids allowed (except for GSPCI members seeking annual Picnic Hunting Test Trophy).
Gunners must have a valid Idaho hunting license. Hunter orange vest required for participants in all shooting events.
Use of dog training aids allowed (except for GSPCI members seeking annual Picnic Hunting Test Trophy).
What can you get out of participating?
- Help your brag dog earn the annual GSPCI picnic hunt test traveling trophy.
- Learn what is required to handle dogs in official AKC Hunting Tests.
- Apprentice to judge, safely gun, and plant birds for field events and training.
- Learn AKC Hunt Test performance standards for junior, senior and master level dogs.
- Evaluate your dog for hunting and performance strengths and weakness and set objectives for your training program.
- Meet new and old friends and swap dog adventures, hunting stories, and or tall tales.
- Show off your new dog!
Contact Pat O’Kief for more information or to express your interest in helping out: transporting birds, providing lunch, gunning, planting birds, judging, or learning any of the above.
Remember, water for your dog, training aids, blank pistol, if gunning gun and ammo, weather appropriate clothing and footwear—donations of firewood for the fire barrel appreciated.